April 10th is International Be Kind to Lawyers Day!
Today, April 10, 2018, marks the second annual celebration of International Be Kind to Lawyers Day.
Be Kind to Lawyers Day is the brainchild of Steve Hughes, a non-lawyer from St. Louis, Missouri, who worked with lawyers on presentation skills. When Steve described what he did, he often found himself having to defend the lawyers with whom he worked. Being somewhat of an enthusiast when it came to celebratory days, Steve had the idea to designate the second Tuesday in April of each year as International Be Kind to Lawyers Day. The date was chosen because it is strategically sandwiched between April Fool’s Day (April 1st) and U.S. Tax Day (April 15th).
Suggestions for celebrating International Be Kind to Lawyers Day, include but are not limited to,*
- Taking your favorite lawyer out to lunch/dinner/drinks;
- Sending your lawyer(s) thank you cards;
- Abstaining from telling lawyer jokes for the day;
- Using legal parlance in everyday language; or
- Watching your favorite legal-based TV show or movie.
If you’d like to know more about International Be Kind to Lawyers Day, feel free to visit its official website, and don’t forget to thank a lawyer today!!
*See what I did there